[复制链接]
查看1281 | 回复0 | 2020-1-2 12:58:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
华章英韵 | 十二月八日步至西村 ‖ 总第19期
原创: 孟朝岗  译诗  今天

主持人

王如利(Wang Ruli)
丁立群(Ding Liqun)

Introduction

农历十二月八日是我国汉族传统节日“腊八节”,在这一天喝“腊八粥”的习俗古已有之,宋代大诗人陆游就曾在他的诗中写到:“今朝佛粥更相馈,反觉江村节物新。”老话说,“过了腊八就是年”,让我们一起来品读孟朝岗老师翻译的《十二月八日步至西村》,感受越来越浓的新年气氛吧。
The eighth day of the twelfth lunar month is the traditional "Laba Festival" of Han people. To eat "Laba Porridge" on this day is a custom observed since ancient times. Lu You,the great poet of Song Dynasty, once wrote in his poem: "Today Buddha porridge is sent to me, I'm feeling the village's feast newer indeed." Just as the old saying goes: "The New Year comes right after Laba", let's now read Mr. Meng Chaogang's translation of "December the Eighth to Xi Cun" and feel the Spring Festival in the air.

十二月八日步至西村
宋·陆游

腊月风和意已春,时因散策过吾邻。
草烟漠漠柴门里,牛迹重重野水滨。
多病所须唯药物,差科未动是闲人。
今朝佛粥更相馈,反觉江村节物新。

December the Eighth to XI Cun
Written by Lu You (Song)
Translated by Meng Chaogang

December wind shows winter's on the wane,
I walk past my neighbor with walking cane.
Grass smoke is pervading in th' wooden door,
Cattle traces are by water of rain.
But herb medichine my sick body'll need
Without task of duty, I'm idly freed.
Today Buddha porridge is sent to me,
I'm feeling the village's feast newer indeed.

The Translator's Remarks

时近腊八,选择陆游的这首七律来翻译,意在两得。一来可欣赏陆放翁的清逸笔法的诗情画意,二来可用以纪念中国由来已久的传统节日——腊八。早在宋代,每逢腊八,开封各大寺院都要熬制七色五味粥布施市民。陆游写这首诗时已经四十岁了,正值中年,却不被当权者所容而罢官回乡。这对于一个应试进士,名列第一的才子来说,心中郁闷可想而知。所以诗的第一句"腊月风和意已春"就隐喻着东山再起的政治抱负——冬天到了,春天还会远吗?以下情景:袅袅炊烟、水滨牛迹、赋闲在家、腊八馈粥,都是一派祥和气氛。反应了诗人由阴转晴的心情。英译押韵按格式 aabaccdc。
It is near LaBa. I select this verse of Lu You to translate for two purposes. One, we can appreciate Lu Fang Weng's poetic and artistic style. Second, we can  commemorate a traditional Chinese festival -- LaBa. As early as in the Song Dynasty, whenever it was LaBa, Kai Feng's temples would boil porridge of seven colors and five flavors to distribute to the public. Lu You was already 40 years old when he wrote this poem, but he was dismissed from office by authority in middle age. For a scholar ranked first for the talent in an exam to Jin Shi, the depression of his heart can be imagined. So the first line of the poem, "December wind shows winter is on the wane", is a metaphor for the political aspiration to rise again -- If winter comes, can spring be far away? The following scenes: curl smoke, cattle tracks by waterfront, idle at home, LaBa porridge, are peaceful. It reflects the poet's mood from shade to sunshine. The poem translated in English rhymes in aaba ccdc form.

The Translator's Bio

孟朝岗,毕业于河北师大英语系,中学高级教师,副教授,曾任教于北京科技职业学院。喜欢诗词,尤其喜欢中国古典诗词。喜欢汉英互译,作品散见各网络诗刊。
Meng Chaogang, graduated from the English Department of Hebei Normal University, senior middle school teacher, associate professor, has taught in Beijing Vocational College of Science and Technology. He likes poetry, especially classical Chinese poetry. His works of poetry and Chinese-English translation are scattered in various online platforms of poetry.

《中外诗文翻译》

主  办:中诗网、译诗群

协  办:月印无心佛教文化平台“太原头条”、大家网、金融街电讯新媒体头条
总顾问 :何功杰、李正栓、张智中、卓振英
总策划 :周占林、宛城卧龙
名誉主编:周占林、释圣静
主  编:王磊
名誉副主编:王永纯、德肋撒.李
副主编 :蔡铁勇
编  委:王如利、丁立群、晚枫、王琳、史潘荣、罗晓佳、赵直
心若菩萨,快乐无涯
回复